My name is Dan and I’m currently a Principal Threat Analyst at Dragos focused on protecting critical infrastructure. In this role, I do a lot of threat hunting and incident response primarily in industrial control system environments. I like both the actual analysis part of the problem and developing tools in to make future investigations easier and increase the scale of analysis.
Prior to Dragos, I spent a few years in the US Air Force. I’ve been in information security for most of my career and have spoken at a few conferences. Here are a few highlights:
- HouSecCon 2018 – Stateful Industrial Control System Protocol Analysis
- Infragard San Antonio Chapter
- S4x18 Industrial Control System Security Conference
- CyberDEF Dojo – CrashOverride talk at San Antonio’s CyberDEF Dojo
- SANS Webcast – Detecting and Mitigating the Electric Grid Targeted Malware
- Blackhat 2012 – SNSCAT: What You Don’t Know About Sometimes Hurts the Most
- Shmoocon 2012 – SNSCAT: What You Don’t Know About Sometimes Hurts the Most
I’m always looking for new collaboration or speaking opportunities. Feel free to reach out using the form below if you want to get in touch!